Friday, January 4, 2013

FO Friday - Gramps

This is probably one of my favorite projects I've made yet.  The Gramps pattern is absolutely adorable!

I had it finished in time to give as a Christmas present to my nephew.  He's big for his age (almost 2) so I made the 3-4 year old size and I'm glad I did because it fit him perfectly.  I didn't have time to block it before wrapping it up so I'm pretty sure it could be blocked and stretched out a bit more as he gets bigger.



I tried to snap a few cell phone photos of my nephew wearing it but it was hard to catch him standing still - too excited over his new Big Wheel.




Yarn and needle details can be found on my Ravelry project page.

Thanks to Tami's Amis for hosting yet another FO Friday!  I love seeing what everyone is creating.


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the elbow patches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the elbow patches really do add that little extra 'little old man' factor to the sweater :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Great minds think alike? LOL. Since I didn't use a contrast I didn't use the patches. Next one I do want to do the pockets! He's a doll and the sweater is darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true! Right down to the buttons!

      After seeing yours, I like how it looks all in one color and without the pockets and patches too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Your nephew looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is adorable with the best personality! I've been tempted to steal him on many occasions :)

      Delete
  4. oh. my. GOODNESS! could he be any cuter in his little gramps sweater? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete