Saturday, November 17, 2012

Christmas Knitting Prep!

Despite my hectic schedule, I am determined to knit some of my Christmas gifts this year.

So, in preparation, I put in a KnitPicks order :)


I've been wanting to invest in an interchangable circular set for a while and the KnitPicks sets went on sale for 20% off - perfect motivation to finally put in an order!  I also ordered the knitting chart keeper and a couple of fixed circulars for another project I've been wanting to start for a while.

I went to my local yarn store (LYS), Urban Yarns, which is always fun (and dangerous).  I fell in love with a new colorway from Sweet Georgia Yarns called Chai Spice:


I'm debating between a couple of projects for this yarn.

I am itching to make Arbutus from Jane Richmond's new book, Island.  I spotted this gorgeous Indigo Moon skein and, well, I need Christmas presents too so in my basket it went!


As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm hoping to finish Gramps for my 1.5 year old nephew.  Here are the colors I chose:


The brown will be the main color.

So, my trip to my LYS was successful.  A new yarn store is opening near me on December 1st and, if I've made good progress in knitting this yarn up, I've given myself permission to buy more...and I predict there will be sales :)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment